Welcome to Blurt!
Now that you have an account, here's how to get started.
1. Backup your password
Unlike centralized web services, it is not possible to recover lost passwords on the Blurt blockchain.
You are entirely responsible for saving your password, backing it up, and keeping it secure. Never put your password into unverified third party websites as they may steal your account.
2. Really, backup your password!
Store an offline copy of your password somewhere safe in case of a hard drive failure or other calamity. Consider using a flash drive, secure cloud storage, or simply print it on paper.
3. Some ground rules
- It is free to post, comment, and vote on all content at blurt.blog.
- Do not plagiarize, and be sure to cite sources, including copyrighted images.
3. Update your profile
You can update your profile on the Settings page. This includes your display name, location, about information, and website.
4. Create your "Introduceyourself" Post
The tradition for new users is to create an "introduceyourself" post in order to let the community get to know you. You can verify other social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) by sharing the link to your Blurt account from those profiles.
5. Sign up for Blurt Chat
A lot of users mingle and chat in Blurt Discord. It is a great place to meet people!
Ask questions in the #helpdesk channel.
6. Voting and Tokens
Posts and comments can accrue votes over a period of 7 days. Projected payouts will fluctuate (up and down) and no payout is guaranteed. If a post receives enough votes for a payout, it will be split between the author (at least 50%) and voters ("curators").
BLURT, and Blurt Power (BP) are the two forms of digital currency used by the Blurt Blockchain. More information here.
- FAQ - Answers to commonly asked questions
- Apps Built on Blurt - Directory of apps, sites and tools built by Blurt community
- Blurt Block Explorer - Shows the raw Blurt blockchain data